- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Koki Tanaka, Ex-Member of KAT-TUN Idol Group, Given Jail Term
15:59 JST, February 27, 2023
Koki Tanaka, a former member of the pop idol group KAT-TUN, was sentenced Monday to 16 months in prison for possessing and using stimulant drugs.
Tanaka, 37, resides in Kashiwa, Chiba Prefecture. His sentence was handed down at the Matsudo Branch of the Chiba District Court.
Prosecutors had sought a two-year prison sentence.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing