- CRIME ＆ COURTS
2 Robbery Ring Suspects Arrested Aboard Plane During Extradition from Philippines to Japan
12:57 JST, February 7, 2023
MANILA — Metropolitan Police Department officers have executed arrest warrants for two Japanese men suspected of involvement in a recent string of robberies in Japan, with the arrest officially taking place aboard a deportation flight to Narita Airport from the Philippines, which had transferred the men to Japanese custody.
The warrants are for suspected theft as part of an earlier fraud case in which the two are also suspects.
The two suspects, Kiyoto Imamura and Toshiya Fujita, both 38, had been detained at an immigration facility in the Philippines and are expected to arrive in Japan on Tuesday afternoon.
Philippine authorities transported them from the Bicutan detention center in a Manila suburb at about 8:30 a.m., entering Ninoy Aquino International Airport about 30 minutes later. Both men wore T-shirts and short pants. The flight carrying them departed at about 11 a.m.
Two more Japanese suspects in the case are still in Philippine custody.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace