- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Philippines Poised to Extradite 2 Japanese Suspects
13:56 JST, February 4, 2023
MANILA — The Philippines is poised to extradite two of the four suspects allegedly linked to a Japanese robbery ring who are being held near Manila after local charges against the men were dropped.
The two suspects, Toshiya Fujita and Kiyoto Imamura, are expected to be deported to Japan next week.
The other two suspects, Yuki Watanabe and Tomonobu Kojima, are also facing charges in the Philippines. A court hearing that had been scheduled for Tuesday has been moved to Monday. The court is expected to deliberate on whether or not to dismiss the charges.
Japanese authorities had hoped all four suspects would be extradited together.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired