- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Bishop Case Sees New Murder Charge Against Suspect
12:28 JST, January 16, 2023
SAITAMA — The suspect in a triple-murder case in Saitama Prefecture have been newly charged with killing one of the victims.
William Ross Bishop Jr., 69, his wife Izumi Morita, 68, and their 32-year-old daughter Sophianna Megumi Morita were found dead at around 7 a.m. on Dec. 25 at the couple’s house in Hanno in the prefecture.
The Saitama prefectural police initially arrested Jun Saito, 40, and sent him to the Saitama District Public Prosecutors Office on suspicion of murdering Bishop. The police have charged Saito with murdering Izumi.
According to investigators, the suspect is thought to have killed Izumi by beating her with a blunt object on the morning of Dec. 25. She died of hemorrhagic shock resulting from a neck injury.
A blunt object, a knife and bloodstained clothing were found at Saito’s house, which is about 60 meters from the crime scene, and DNA from the bloodstains matched that of the three victims. The police will also investigate the murder of Sophianna.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace