- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Ex-Tokyo Games Exec Haruyuki Takahashi released on bail
8:30 JST, December 27, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press)—Former Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics organizing committee executive Haruyuki Takahashi, who is on trial for allegedly receiving bribes over the sporting events, which took place in 2021, was released on bail on Monday.
Takahashi, 78, was released from the Tokyo Detention House after about four months in detention after posting ¥80 million in bond.
He has been charged with receiving some ¥200 million in bribes from five companies, including apparel maker Aoki Holdings Inc. , in exchange of giving favors over Tokyo Games sponsorship contracts and other matters.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)