- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Court denies bail request for Tokyo Games executive
13:31 JST, November 11, 2022
The Tokyo District Court on Thursday denied a bail application from Haruyuki Takahashi, a former Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic organizing committee executive board member who was indicted on a charge of accepting bribes.
The court also denied a bail request from Shinichi Ueno, former president of major advertising agency ADK Holdings Inc., who was indicted on suspicion of giving bribes.
The court granted bail to Shigeharu Hisamatsu, ADK’s former executive operating officer, and Toshiaki Tada, former division head of the company.
Hisamatsu and Tada were released from Tokyo Detention House on the day, after paying bail of ¥12 million and ¥20 million, respectively.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible