Tokyo medical system alert to highest level
7:10 JST, December 24, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — The Tokyo metropolitan government raised its alert for medical preparedness to the highest level on a four-tier scale for the first time since Sept. 8 on Thursday.
The medical care system has been strained in the capital as the number of severely ill COVID-19 patients has increased and more medical staff have been infected with the virus or become close contacts, officials said.
The metropolitan government maintained its COVID-19 infection alert level at the second highest on a four-tier scale.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace