- JAPAN IN FOCUS
Yamanashi: ‘Mt. Fuji’ shines at station
15:56 JST, December 28, 2021
OTSUKI, Yamanashi — A glittering 3-meter-high “Mt. Fuji” was installed in front of JR Otsuki Station in Otsuki, Yamanashi Prefecture, to delight people who use the station and other passersby.
It marks the 10th time the Otsuki chamber of commerce’s youth department, the city and other organizations have set up the illumination. The white and blue LEDs add color to the area.
“I hope people will enjoy the illumination while practicing social distancing,” said Takao Shimura, chief of the city’s industry and tourism department.
The installation will be lit up from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. through Jan. 30.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Kyoto Train Offers Passengers Journey Wrapped in Autumn Colors via Maple Tree Tunnel
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible