- JAPAN IN FOCUS
Autumn roses brighten visitors’ days
16:11 JST, October 19, 2021
NAKANOJO, Gunma — Autumn roses in bright pinks and crimsons are blooming in all their glory at Nakanojo Gardens, run by the town of Nakanojo, Gunma Prefecture.
Roughly 1,000 plants of 370 varieties, grown across seven sections, are cultivated at the gardens, which are 480 meters above sea level.
As the colors of autumn roses are quite deep, they stand in stark contrast to lighter colored flowers blooming nearby.
“Their aroma and colors are marvelous,” said Kumie Matsui, 52, a company employee from Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, as she busily took photos.
During the Autumnal Rose Garden Fair, which lasts until Oct. 24, admission is ¥800 for adults (including high school students), and ¥400 for elementary or junior high school students.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Illuminations Brighten Up Events, Buildings and Roadside Trees in Central Tokyo
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace