Seijo Ishii opens its 1st bakery in Osaka
15:00 JST, May 16, 2023
OSAKA — Seijo Ishii Co., which operates high-end supermarkets mainly in the Tokyo metropolitan area, launched its first bakery in Osaka on April 20.
Seijo Ishii Bakery opened in the Keihan Mall, a commercial facility located at Keihan Electric Railway Co.’s Kyobashi Station. The company aims to promote its products and enhance its brand in the Kansai region, where a large amount of bread products are consumed.
The new bakery will offer more than 50 varieties of both savory and sweet bread, made with ingredients that are available from the Seijo Ishii supermarkets, such as truffle oil and chocolate. A wine bar is also attached to the bakery, offering a menu that includes all-you-can-eat bread. The company hopes to launch more dedicated bakeries around the Kansai region in the future.
At a preview event held at the bakery ahead of its opening day, Seijo Ishii President Akihiko Hara said, “We want to provide the fiercely competitive Kansai region with great tastes that only Seijo Ishii can offer.”
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Illuminations Brighten Up Events, Buildings and Roadside Trees in Central Tokyo
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace