Feb. Coincident Index Revised Down in Japan
11:00 JST, April 28, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — The Cabinet Office said Thursday it has revised down the composite index of coincident economic indicators for February.
The revised coincident index, which reflects current economic conditions, stood at 98.6 against 100 for the base year of 2015, down from 99.2 in the preliminary report announced earlier this month. The index was up 2.5 points from the previous month, compared with the preliminary reading of a 2.8-point rise.
The leading index, a yardstick for the economy’s performance months ahead, was up 1.3 points at 98.0. In the preliminary report, the index rose 1.1 points to 97.7.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
Energy Challenges / High Electricity Bills Overshadow Digitalization in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains