Average Gasoline Prices Rise for 3rd Week in Row
17:37 JST, April 6, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Retail prices of regular gasoline in Japan averaged ¥168.1 per liter as of Monday, up ¥0.1 from a week before and rising for the third straight week, according to the industry ministry.
The average pump price was up in 26 of the country’s 47 prefectures, flat in three prefectures and down in the remaining 18, the ministry said Wednesday.
The highest average was logged in Nagano prefecture, at ¥178.8.
Government subsidies paid to oil wholesalers had the effect of pushing down the nationwide average pump price by ¥8.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)