Japan Releases Names of Firms Opposed to Suppliers’ Price Hikes
17:22 JST, February 8, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Japan’s industry ministry on Tuesday released the names of companies that have shown reluctance to accept price hikes by small suppliers and to engage in price negotiations with them.
Japan Post Co., a Japan Post Holdings Co. unit, was rated the worst in terms of how much small suppliers were able to pass on higher costs to clients, according to the ministry.
Machinery maker Nachi-Fujikoshi Corp. was rated the worst in terms of engaging in price negotiations with suppliers during April-September last year, the ministry said.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Sees 2.52 Mil. Visitors in October, Exceeding Pre-COVID Levels
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Japan Sees 2.52 Mil. Visitors in October, Exceeding Pre-COVID Levels
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto