Japan core consumer prices up 3.0 % in Sept.
11:10 JST, October 21, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Japan’s core consumer price index in September rose 3.0 % from a year earlier, up for the 13th straight month, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications said Friday.
The result matched the median forecast among 19 economic research institutes surveyed by Jiji Press.
The core CPI, which excludes often volatile fresh food prices, stood at 102.9 against 100 for the base year of 2020. Month on month, the index was up 0.4 % after seasonal adjustment.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
Energy Challenges / High Electricity Bills Overshadow Digitalization in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)