- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Yokohama Eatery Murder Victim’s Relative Arrested; Suspect Tracked Down in Nagoya
12:03 JST, September 18, 2023
Kanagawa prefectural police on Sunday arrested a man on suspicion of murder for killing a ramen shop manager in Yokohama. The suspect is a relative of the victim and an employee of the eatery.
The 35-year-old suspect is accused of stabbing 33-year-old shop manager, Hiroki Ohashi, to death with a kitchen knife at the ramen shop in Konan Ward, Yokohama, on Friday night, according to police. He has reportedly admitted to the crime, saying “It’s true that I did it.” The prefectural police are investigating the motive.
Ohashi was found collapsed in the shop on Friday night. His cause of death is hemorrhagic shock, and there were multiple knife wounds mainly on the upper body. Police found the suspect at a business hotel in Nagoya by searching security cameras, and he voluntarily accompanied police to Konan Police Station on Sunday.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace