- Crime & Courts
Foreign Woman in Critical Condition after being Caught in Hokkaido Avalanche
17:39 JST, January 13, 2023
A woman of an undisclosed nationality was in critical condition after being caught in an avalanche while climbing Mt. Yotei in Kutchan, Hokkaido, on Friday afternoon, according to local police and fire department.
The woman was in a state of cardiac arrest after being rescued by Hokkaido Prefectural Police helicopter. She is believed to have been among about 10 foreigners who were climbing the mountain.
A climber notified police around 2:25 p.m. on Friday that the woman had been caught in the avalanche of snow.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
Earthquake Measuring Magnitude 4.3 Hits Kyoto Prefecture; No Tsunami Expected (Update 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year