Nikkei drops below 28,000
16:43 JST, August 29, 2022
Tokyo stocks plunged Monday after the Dow Jones Industrial Average nose dived more than 1,000 points on Friday.
The Nikkei average of 225 selected issues listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange dropped 762.42 points to close at 27.878.96, slipping below 28,000 for the first time in about three weeks.
On Monday morning, the Tokyo stocks temporarily dropped more than 800 point.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Department Stores Stuff 2024 Lucky Bags with Family-friendly Experiences
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)