Japan April jobless rate falls to 2.5％
18:04 JST, May 31, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Japan’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate stood at 2.5 % in April,
down 0.1 percentage point from the previous month, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications said Tuesday.
The number of jobless people decreased by 30,000 from the previous month to 1.76 million after seasonal adjustment, the ministry also said.
Separately, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare said the ratio of job openings to job seekers in April stood at 1.23, up 0.01 point from the previous month.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan resumes entry of foreign tourists
Restaurant chains think outside box to blunt hit from soaring prices
Processing power: Robot speeds production at Nagoya food manufacturer
Bread crusts, coffee beans transformed into craft beer by Japan brewing firm
Philippines to call for banana price rise in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative