Xi says China’s economy has high resilience, room for maneuver
17:45 JST, October 23, 2022
BEIJING (Reuters) – China’s economy has high resilience, sufficient potential and room for maneuver, President Xi Jinping said on Sunday, during a ceremony where China unveiled the new members of its highest political body, the Politburo Standing Committee.
China will open its doors even wider, Xi also said to dozens of journalists packed into a room inside central Beijing’s Great Hall of the People.
China’s development is inseparable from the world and the world also needs China, Xi added, according to state media.
"WORLD" POPULAR ARTICLE
Israeli Families Demand Release of Hostages of Hamas; Worried About Crossfire
New Delhi Presses Firms in Japan, South Korea to Set Up Semiconductor Firms in India
Japan-Backed Restoration of Angkor Wat Causeway Completed
Japanese, Chinese, South Korean Foreign Ministers to Work Toward Summit
Taiwan’s TPP Leader Proposes Regular Meetings with Japan, U.S.; Desires Easing of Political Confrontations with China
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace