- OTHER SPORTS
Japan storms into 4×400 relay final at worlds
13:06 JST, July 24, 2022
EUGENE, Ore. — Japan’s 4×400-meter relay team was second in Heat 1 at the athletics world championships on Saturday, reaching the final in the event for the first time since the 2003 Paris meet.
The quartet of Fuga Sato, Kaito Kawabata, Julian Walsh and Yuki Joseph Nakajima crossed the finish line in 3 minutes 01.53 seconds, just behind the United States.
Japan ran to a seventh-place finish 19 years ago at the Paris worlds.
"SPORTS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japanese Skater Yuzuru Hanyu Announces Divorce
Sumo in Crisis as Dwindling Number of Wrestlers Forces Body to Knock Over Tradition
Shohei Ohtani, Baseball’s 2-Way Star, Becomes First 2-Time Unanimous MVP (UPDATE 1)
The Sumo Scene / Top-ranked Referee Shikimori Inosuke Also Earns Elite Status in Name
The Sumo Scene / Grand Sumo Tournament Wrestlers Find Power in Local Food; Powerful Wrestler Chiyonofuji Remembered
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains