Japan’s Muraoka grabs second skiing gold at Beijing Paralympics
13:25 JST, March 6, 2022
BEIJING — Alpine skier Momoka Muraoka bagged a second gold medal on Sunday at the Beijing Winter Paralympic Games.
The 25-year-old triumphed in the sitting category of the women’s super giant slalom at the National Alpine Skiing Centre in Yanqing, China.
Muraoka finished with a time of 1 minute 23.73 seconds, 11 seconds ahead of Anna-Lena Forster of Germany, who secured silver. China’s Zhang Wenjing took bronze.
The Saitama Prefecture native earned her first gold of the Games in Saturday’s downhill.
Japan’s Yoshiko Tanaka, 46, finished fifth in 1:35.69.
"SPORTS" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last