Princess Hisako greets new English speech committee
16:00 JST, June 4, 2022
Princess Hisako of Takamado attended a ceremony Friday in Tokyo to usher in a new committee of university students for an English speech contest to be held in autumn this year.
As honorary patron for the H.I.H Prince Takamado Trophy 74th All Japan Inter-Middle School English Oratorical Contest, she gave a speech at the ceremony held at the Yomiuri Shimbun’s head office.
“We will strive for activities with the goal of flexible management,” said Shota Sadakane, a third-year student at Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, who was elected as the steering committee chair.
Princess Hisako offered her encouragement to them.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last