- Imperial Family
Princess Hisako greets new English speech committee
16:00 JST, June 4, 2022
Princess Hisako of Takamado attended a ceremony Friday in Tokyo to usher in a new committee of university students for an English speech contest to be held in autumn this year.
As honorary patron for the H.I.H Prince Takamado Trophy 74th All Japan Inter-Middle School English Oratorical Contest, she gave a speech at the ceremony held at the Yomiuri Shimbun’s head office.
“We will strive for activities with the goal of flexible management,” said Shota Sadakane, a third-year student at Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, who was elected as the steering committee chair.
Princess Hisako offered her encouragement to them.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
Earthquake Measuring Magnitude 4.3 Hits Kyoto Prefecture; No Tsunami Expected (Update 1)
One Month to go Until the Hokuriku Shinkansen Extension; the “First Train” Sells Out in 1 Minute
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs