- GENERAL NEWS
Boat catches fire off Kanagawa Pref.; all passengers rescued
15:34 JST, August 8, 2022
MIURA, Kanagawa — A pleasure boat caught fire in waters off Miura, Kanagawa Prefecture, on Sunday, the Yokosuka Coast Guard Office said. All those aboard were rescued.
The office got an emergency call at around 3:40 p.m. reporting that black smoke was seen rising offshore.
According to the Yokosuka office, the seven people aboard — six men and women between their 20s and 50s and a male captain in his 30s — jumped into the sea wearing life jackets and were rescued by two boats that passed nearby.
No injuries were reported. The office is investigating the cause of the fire.
Click here to watch the video
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes