- GENERAL NEWS
Colorful lilies bloom in Uonuma park in Niigata Pref.
16:40 JST, July 4, 2022
UONUMA, Niigata — Lilies have been in full bloom at Tsukioka Park in Uonuma City, which boasts the largest producer of cut lilies in Niigata Prefecture.
About 10,000 flowers of six varieties in five colors — including purple, orange, yellow and white — are planted in a flower bed of about 1,500 square meters.
According to the Uonuma flower gardening association, which manages the garden, the blooming season came as usual this year, and the flowers are at their best until around Sunday.
A 39-year-old woman who visited the park with her parents from Tokyo said, “It’s uplifting view of the lilies blooming vividly against the magnificent mountain.”
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace