MPD explosives squad called in after Japan Foreign Ministry receives ‘tools to beat demons’
15:00 JST, June 3, 2022
A suspicious container was found in an envelope delivered to the Foreign Ministry in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, around 9:30 a.m. Friday. Police were called, and signs of gunpowder were detected, leading to a deployment of the Metropolitan Police Department’s explosive ordnance disposal squad.
According to the police, an object like a smoke canister with silver tape wrapped around it and an empty plastic bottle were in a white A4-sized envelope addressed to the Foreign Ministry. There was also a letter that said things like, “It is dangerous to use tools to beat demons indoors.” The envelope had a name of an individual in Aichi Prefecture, and the police are investigating on suspicion of forcible obstruction of business.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last