Commemorative stamps released for 50th anniversary of Okinawa’s return to Japan
15:12 JST, May 14, 2022
Japan Post Co. began selling commemorative stamps at post offices nationwide on Friday to mark the 50th anniversary on May 15 of Okinawa’s return to Japanese sovereignty.
The ¥84 stamp sheet titled “Okinawa Reversion 50th Anniversary” has five different designs based on colors used in local textile dyeing. Designs include Okinawan local products, history and development, such as goya bitter gourd, Eisa traditional dance and Shuri Castle.
Japan Post has issued 700,000 sheets, with 10 stamps per sheet.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs