- GENERAL NEWS
Tower Slider opens at Tsutenkaku Tower in Osaka
15:33 JST, May 9, 2022
OSAKA — A 60-meter slide that takes riders from the third-floor observation deck of Tsutenkaku Tower to its basement opened in the Shinsekai area of Naniwa Ward, Osaka, on Monday, attracting many visitors.
Tower Slider is a spiral-tube that makes 1½ revolutions over a height of 26.5 meters. Visitors lie down in fabric resembling a sleeping bag and then shoot down the slide for about 10 seconds.
In addition to the cost of admission, elementary and junior high school students pay ¥500 per ride, and high school students and older pay ¥1,000.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises