15 missing people from boating accident may have been swept further north
12:34 JST, April 26, 2022
The Japan Coast Guard and the Self-Defense Forces are continuing their search for 15 people who have not been found after a sightseeing boat with 26 aboard went missing off the Shiretoko Peninsula in Hokkaido.
Ocean currents and winds may have swept them away toward waters near the northern territories.
The 1st Regional Coast Guard Headquarters said it may coordinate the rescue operation with Russia based on international agreements.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs