- GENERAL NEWS
15 missing people from boating accident may have been swept further north
12:34 JST, April 26, 2022
The Japan Coast Guard and the Self-Defense Forces are continuing their search for 15 people who have not been found after a sightseeing boat with 26 aboard went missing off the Shiretoko Peninsula in Hokkaido.
Ocean currents and winds may have swept them away toward waters near the northern territories.
The 1st Regional Coast Guard Headquarters said it may coordinate the rescue operation with Russia based on international agreements.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises