World’s oldest person dies at 119
7:45 JST, April 26, 2022
Kane Tanaka, who was certified by Guinness World Records as the oldest living person, has passed away at the age of 119.
Tanaka died at 6:11 p.m. on April 19, at a hospital in Fukuoka City. She was born on Jan. 2, 1903.
According to the nursing home where Tanaka lived, on days when she was feeling well, she would do exercises with other residents and solve kanji or calculation problems.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs