Govt encourages removing masks when outdoors
11:46 JST, June 23, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — The health ministry is stepping up its call on people to remove face masks outdoors in principle during summer, when the risk of heat stroke increases.
Wearing face masks as a measure to prevent COVID-19 infections is “not necessary even indoors if people can stay apart from each other and don’t engage in conversation,” health minister Shigeyuki Goto said at a press conference on Tuesday, asking people to wear and remove masks according to the situation.
In May, the government released its view on wearing and removing masks, including in which situations they can be removed.
As many people still continue to wear masks outdoors, the ministry has decided to run a TV commercial to make the view widely known, as well as publishing a leaflet.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace