- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Abe to be given nation’s highest honor
16:35 JST, July 12, 2022
Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will receive the nation’s highest honor, the Collar of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, as well as the Junior First Rank of Court.
Abe will be the fourth Japanese person in the postwar period to receive this distinction. It was previously awarded to former prime ministers Shigeru Yoshida, Eisaku Sato and Yasuhiro Nakasone.
The government has also decided to honor Abe, who was fatally shot last week, with the Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible