LDP candidate certain to win upper house by-election in Ishikawa Pref.
20:54 JST, April 24, 2022
KANAZAWA, Ishikawa (Jiji Press) — Shuji Miyamoto of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party is certain to win Sunday’s by-election for the House of Councillors in Ishikawa Prefecture.
The upper house by-election, the first parliamentary poll since last autumn, took place in the run-up to this summer’s upper house race.
The by-election was held after the LDP’s incumbent resigned to run in a gubernatorial election in the prefecture in March.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last
Japan to promise developing nations tens of billions of yen in food aid at G7 summit
U.S. ambassador sees Japan-U.S. alliance shifting to a larger domain
U.S. mediation aids trilateral ties with Japan, South Korea
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last