Abe urges Kishida to maintain Abenomics
17:52 JST, December 27, 2021
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Sunday urged current Prime Minister Fumio Kishida to maintain his Abenomics reflationary economic policy.
The fundamental direction is that Kishida “should not change Abenomics,” Abe, who was in office as prime minister between late 2012 and September 2020, said on television.
Financial markets are expected to “react very negatively” if Kishida’s economic policy is considered to be becoming socialistic, Abe added.
On the security front, Abe said that if a U.S. warship comes under an armed attack in waters between Taiwan and the Sakishima islands in southwestern Japan, this could develop into a situation where Japan’s existence could be jeopardized under its national security legislation.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last
Japan to promise developing nations tens of billions of yen in food aid at G7 summit
U.S. ambassador sees Japan-U.S. alliance shifting to a larger domain
U.S. mediation aids trilateral ties with Japan, South Korea
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last