- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Abe urges Kishida to maintain Abenomics
17:52 JST, December 27, 2021
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Sunday urged current Prime Minister Fumio Kishida to maintain his Abenomics reflationary economic policy.
The fundamental direction is that Kishida “should not change Abenomics,” Abe, who was in office as prime minister between late 2012 and September 2020, said on television.
Financial markets are expected to “react very negatively” if Kishida’s economic policy is considered to be becoming socialistic, Abe added.
On the security front, Abe said that if a U.S. warship comes under an armed attack in waters between Taiwan and the Sakishima islands in southwestern Japan, this could develop into a situation where Japan’s existence could be jeopardized under its national security legislation.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace