provided by The Japan News.
Charting a Course / CDPJ’s ‘cooperation’ strategy at a crossroads
This is the third and final installment of a series that explores where the country’s politics go af...
November 4, 2021
Charting a Course / Concrete measures for growth needed urgently
This is the second installment of a series that explores where the country’s politics go after the r...
November 3, 2021
Charting a Course / Kishida’s real battle begins after LDP squeaks by to hold controlling majority
With the general election results finalized, this series explores where the country’s politics go fr...
November 2, 2021
Neck and Neck / Former comrades in fierce contest
This is the second installment in a series that looks into constituencies where candidates are facin...
October 23, 2021
2021 General Election Viewpoints / Discuss ways to enhance medical system for living with COVID-19
With official campaigning for the House of Representatives election scheduled to start Oct. 19, The ...
October 13, 2021
Digital torrent / ‘Free’ stock trading apps have hidden costs
One of the many stock trading apps now on the market lets new customers spin a virtual roulette whee...
September 16, 2021
Globally dominant U.S. tech giants big targets for antitrust regulators around the world.
The quartet of U.S. tech giants collectively dubbed GAFA — Google LLC, Amazon.com Inc., Facebook Inc...
September 15, 2021
Digitization will likely boost Japanese firms’ sales by ¥68 tril.
A specialty hoto noodle soup restaurant near Lake Kawaguchi in Yamanashi Prefecture is so popular th...
September 14, 2021
Digital torrent / China wary of data-rich IT firms’ expansion
China, although transitioning to a digital society at a furious pace, is now experiencing a strong b...
September 13, 2021
Digital torrent / Japan’s growing array of data centers present a matter of national security
Data centers have been cropping up amid the fields and suburbs of Inzai, Chiba Prefecture, site of t...
September 13, 2021
Digital torrent / Jumble of new systems created chaotic response to pandemic in Japan
The COVID-19 pandemic shined a spotlight on the delay in the digitizing of society, a centerpiece po...
September 11, 2021
Digital torrent / Japan aims for a comeback in digitization race
The Digital Agency was launched on Sept. 1 to remedy Japan’s slow progress in digitizing its society...
September 11, 2021
CCP at 100: Collapse of collective leadership system gives Xi absolute authority
This is the second installment of a series looking at the costs of the Chinese Communist Party’s str...
July 2, 2021
CCP at 100: China accelerating efforts to assimilate ethnic minorities into Han Chinese state
China on Thursday extravagantly celebrated the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Chinese Comm...
July 1, 2021
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
- Japan’s defense white paper includes hypothetical invasion of Taiwan by China
- Japan, U.K. to develop common airframe for next-gen fighters
- Japan-U.S. to boost economic cooperation, eying China
- Japan on alert after notification of Chinese military drills in EEZ
- LDP bigwig calls for Japan to raise defense spending to mid ¥6 tril. range
JN TOP STORIES
- Kishida faces a political landscape greatly altered by Abe’s death
- Kawasaki break-dancers gear up for sport’s Olympic debut in Paris 2024 Games
- Takahashi suspected of mediating discounted Games sponsorship contract for Aoki
- Sources: Tokyo Games exec pushed for sales period extension for Aoki
- Tokyo logs 27,676 new cases
- Fundamental action required to raise wages
- Kyoto exhibition showcases work by British artist Brian Eno
- Japan, China move to rebuild relationship ahead of diplomatic milestone
- Opposition demands extraordinary Diet session to probe LDP links to Unification Church
- Search for missing people after Japan April boat tragedy finds bones, belongings