- G7 SUMMIT
G7 Health Ministers Offer Flowers at Japan’s Nagasaki Peace Park
17:18 JST, May 14, 2023
NAGASAKI — Health ministers from the Group of Seven advanced nations visiting Nagasaki for a G7 meeting made a trip to the city’s Peace Park on Sunday. The park is located close to the hypocenter of the atomic bomb dropped by the United States in 1945.
The ministers offered flowers in front of the Peace Statue and observed a period of silence for the victims of the bombing.
The occasion marked the first time for the G7 ministers to offer flowers at the Peace Park together. In addition to the G7 representatives, ministers from Indonesia and Vietnam invited to the summit meeting also visited the park.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace