- TRAVEL SPOTS
Kyushu : Enjoy intricate works of art on display during Kagoshima beach festival
11:50 JST, June 17, 2022
Dozens of sand sculptures are on display during the Fukiagehama Suna no Saiten (Fukiage Beach sand festival) held every May at the Sakyu no Mori Kimpo facility in Minami-Satsuma City, Kagoshima Prefecture.
The sculptures are crafted not just by artists, but local elementary and junior high school students. The larger sculptures are several meters tall.
Longest dune beach
The sand used for the sculptures comes from the 47-kilometer long Fukiage Beach Dune – the longest dune in Japan.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Millennium-Old Traditional ‘Naked Festival’ to Be Held for Last Time Next February at Iwate Pref. Temple
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Old Tokyo Building Becomes a Hub for Various Regions in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)