Coffee-flavored craft beer served at cafe
17:15 JST, May 31, 2022
TSUKUBA, Ibaraki — The city of Tsukuba, a craft beer brewery and a coffee shop have jointly created a refreshing craft beer with a coffee flavor. The low-malt beer has been sold at a cafe in Tsukuba Startup Park in the city since May 21.
Tsukuba Tomorrow Coffee Porter is brewed by Tsukuba Brewery, and flavored with Ethiopian coffee beans roasted by Coffee Factory, both in Tsukuba. A 330-milliliter bottle costs ¥900.
Tsukuba Startup Park, run by the city, is a place where entrepreneurs and researchers gather. It has a coworking space and a seminar room and is frequented by a variety of people. The cafe serves as a gathering spot for them.
“We want people to feel free to exchange information and ideas over a craft beer after work,” a city official said.
The cafe is open to the general public.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Millennium-Old Traditional ‘Naked Festival’ to Be Held for Last Time Next February at Iwate Pref. Temple
Old Tokyo Building Becomes a Hub for Various Regions in Japan
Onigiri Rice Balls Increasingly Popular Worldwide due to Taste, Healthfulness
New Tour in Japan Featuring Kumano Kodo, Hot Springs Targets Foreign Tourists
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains