- PERFORMING ARTS
Koichi Domoto celebrates 1,900th appearance playing lead in ‘SHOCK’ musical
12:40 JST, June 2, 2022
Actor-singer Koichi Domoto celebrated his 1,900th appearance playing the lead in the “SHOCK” musical series at the Imperial Theatre in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, on Tuesday.
After the musical ended, Domoto, 43, expressed his joy about achieving the feat to the about 1,900 people in the audience.
“This isn’t just about me,” he said. “It’s about trying to return the favor, and I think that helped me reach this figure.”
The “SHOCK” series started in 2000. The latest production, “Endless SHOCK — Eternal,” which ended its run at the Tokyo theater on Tuesday, was staged in accordance with coronavirus restrictions.
"CULTURE" POPULAR ARTICLE
Colorful, Intricate Handmade Kaga Thimbles Make Comeback with Modern Motifs
Hatsune Miku Turns 16; Vocaloid Software Same Age as Fictional Background
AI Helps Create New ‘Black Jack’ Manga Episode for Osamu Tezuka’s Iconic Maverick Doctor
75th Annual Exhibition of Shoso-in Treasures Ends in Nara; Over 115,000 Visitors Flock to Nara National Museum
Major Fashion Brands Taking Notice of Opposition to Exotic Leathers
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)