Koichi Domoto celebrates 1,900th appearance playing lead in ‘SHOCK’ musical
12:40 JST, June 2, 2022
Actor-singer Koichi Domoto celebrated his 1,900th appearance playing the lead in the “SHOCK” musical series at the Imperial Theatre in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, on Tuesday.
After the musical ended, Domoto, 43, expressed his joy about achieving the feat to the about 1,900 people in the audience.
“This isn’t just about me,” he said. “It’s about trying to return the favor, and I think that helped me reach this figure.”
The “SHOCK” series started in 2000. The latest production, “Endless SHOCK — Eternal,” which ended its run at the Tokyo theater on Tuesday, was staged in accordance with coronavirus restrictions.
"CULTURE" POPULAR ARTICLE
Hard-hit orchestras find unique ways to play on
Manga ‘Berserk’ to resume magazine serialization despite creator’s death
National Theatre to reopen in 2029 with new look
Mario Kuroba uses fire in heart to play key character in ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ musical
‘He-Low the Final,’ a milestone of tokusatsu superhero films
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last