provided by The Japan News.
More than just a cute bunny: Profundity of ‘Peter Rabbit’ stories rediscovered in new Japanese translation
This year marks the 120th anniversary of the publication of the first book in the “Peter Rabbit” ser...
April 30, 2022 - BOOKS
Protectors of kaiju monsters have to confront human ones
Some Japanese friends were surprised when I mentioned that I was reading American author John Scalzi...
April 12, 2022 - BOOKS
‘Order a tanka poem’ service results in book
Tanka poet Tatsuya Kinoshita, 34, writes tanka in response to people’s requests, and an anthology of...
April 6, 2022 - BOOKS
Picture books symbolize Japan’s modern history / Critic tracks, examines transition through 100 selected works by 100 artists
A newly published book sheds light on the modern history of Japanese picture books, chronologically ...
March 3, 2022 - BOOKS
Yoro’s critical eye keeps probing essence of all things
Critic and anatomist Takeshi Yoro, the author of the longtime best-selling book “Baka no Kabe” (What...
February 3, 2022 - BOOKS
How a Fukushima-born bookworm became a U.S. senator
As a boy, this reviewer used to climb a green, leafy tree in Alabama to spend blissful hours sitting...
December 21, 2021 - BOOKS
New Japanese translation of Peter Rabbit set to hit shelves in March
A new Japanese version of the beloved Peter Rabbit series will be translated by Mieko Kawakami, 45, ...
December 20, 2021 - BOOKS
The Inside Story: Entrepreneur, activist works to bring awareness to racial issues in Japan
Japanese society doesn’t hesitate to judge a book by its cover, but when it comes to Leila Odagaki, ...
December 5, 2021 - BOOKS
Urge to apologize, understand leads author deep into roots
It’s a story many children of immigrants can relate to: Just trying to fit in, but constantly being ...
November 30, 2021 - BOOKS
Hiroshima bomb story by Akira Kurosawa’s screenwriter published in English
OSAKA — A Japanese novel centered on the atomic bombing of Hiroshima was published this autumn in En...
November 27, 2021 - BOOKS
Isaacson profiles the brilliant minds behind CRISPR gene editing
A bacterium is such a simple organism that its single cell doesn’t even have a nucleus to tidily con...
November 9, 2021 - BOOKS
"CULTURE" POPULAR ARTICLE
- Museum app takes users back in time to the Edo period
- Exhibition marks 50th anniversary of Okinawa’s return
- Displaced ballerina from Ukraine to dance for peace in Tokyo
- More than just a cute bunny: Profundity of ‘Peter Rabbit’ stories rediscovered in new Japanese translation
- Veteran suit actors and their superhero ‘nanori’ poses
JN TOP STORIES
- India-Japan : A Partnership for peace, stability and prosperity
- Biden’s Asian economic talks include 13 countries, and no China
- Work resumes to raise Japanese sightseeing boat, 1 month after tragedy
- Japan, U.S. leaders agree to strengthen alliance’s deterrence, response capabilities
- Shrine congregation carries 3 mikoshi portable shrines at Sanja festival in Tokyo for 1st time in 3 years
- Kabuki star Ichikawa Ebizo performs on Tokyo Skytree
- Ohtani hits 150th homer of pro career