880,000-brick Lego cherry tree in full bloom
9:58 JST, March 27, 2022
NAGOYA — A life-sized cherry blossom tree made from about 880,000 Lego bricks is enthralling visitors and adding a colorful touch to the Legoland Japan Resort theme park in Nagoya.
The realistic tree, 4.4 meters tall and 5 meters wide, has pink and white blossoms and a brown trunk, with red and white Lego lanterns hanging from the branches. The tree, on display near the Legoland entrance, is part of the five-year anniversary celebrations for the theme park in Minato Ward.
An 8-year-old second-grade elementary school student visiting Legoland with his family was amazed as he gazed up at the tree. “It’s just like the real thing. It’s incredible,” the boy from Mizuho Ward in the city said.
"CULTURE" POPULAR ARTICLE
Colorful, Intricate Handmade Kaga Thimbles Make Comeback with Modern Motifs
Refugee Film Festival Starts in Tokyo with Documentaries from Afghanistan, South Sudan, Venezuela, Others
Director of New Godzilla Film Pursuing ‘Japanese Spirituality’ of 1954 Original
Hatsune Miku Turns 16; Vocaloid Software Same Age as Fictional Background
LVMH’s Top Jewelry Brands Occupy Entrance to Tokyo’s Omotesando
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace